Our approach usually is “let us meet and discuss. Let us see how your capabilities match the needs of our activities. Let us identify the blank spaces that you can fill in.” Vayam does not have many pre-set options for its friends.
We do however have some examples already set by some friends.
- Follow ‘nisargaanukul‘ (environment-friendly) lifestyle: use lesser fuel, waste lesser water, use products from decentralised and small industry, volunteer at least for few hours every week.
- Volunteer to teach in our weekend camps for 8th to 10th Std students.
- If you are an entrepreneur, Be a mentor to our young tribal entrepreneurs.
- Learn more about ‘inclusive’ and sustainable development in our camps and treks.
- Collect and donate funds for Vayam’s activities
- Spread awareness about forest conservation and role of communities in it
- Support and lobby for democracy in governing our natural resources
There is a lot more… get in touch with our volunteers… write to vayamindia at gmail dot com